Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 4 - At sea

After the sing-along last night in the Crow's Nest with Stryker, I crashed and slept until Fuzzy woke me after 9am. I drug my lazy butt out of bed, into my clothes and made it upstairs to the Lido Restaurant around 9:30.

We ate outside in the cool morning breeze, mainly because there was no place to sit inside. We cam back to the room and I crashed. Fuzzy finished unpacking. Mom and Dad called and asked us to go to lunch but I was asleep. The phone call woke me up so we went back upstairs to sit with them for a few minutes. We ended up eating lunch anyway.

Afterwards we went for a walk around Decks 7 and 9. We returned to our cabin and Fuzzy crashed. I went up to Deck 9 to the hot tub/pool area where Rex and Micki were sunbathing and reading.










Deck 7, the Lower Promenade






Deck 9, the Upper Promenade



I sat at the bar and talked to the bartender.


All of us, except the boys, went to Dutch High Tea at 3pm.




A delicious chocolate sculpture.





The Rosario Strings played.


Our waiter was a bit extroverted.





Beautifully crafted foods.

At 4pm, Fuzzy and I went to a LGBT meet-and-greet in the Crow's Nest and made some new friends.



Peter and Rich.


Bob and Patrick.


Payton, Seth and James got up at 3pm. They had been up until 2 or 3am playing bocce ball. They discovered the joys of free room service and sometime around midnight ordered 3 omelets, 2 hamburgers, 3 orders of cookies and chocolate cake. An hour before dinner, they went for pizza and ice cream. But they ate everything they ordered at dinner: Perfectly grilled chicken.







Dinner that night was formal. It will be a long time before you see these guys gussied up like this again.











At 9:00pm, the Prinsendam singers and dancers put on a show, "Caliente!" Then it was back up to the Crow's Nest for Broadway tunes.



Stryker at the piano.





Our towel animal that evening. A shrimp? A mollusk?

No comments: