Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Great review for "Dick Dancers" from the Blogger Girls!


I don't know why I didn't post this when it came out but here it is!  Thanks, Blogger Girls!


Review: This is a short story about two guys making a living in NYC as go go dancers. If you’ve ever been to NY and experienced the bars and go go dancers, I think you’ll appreciate this story a bit more. It was fun to see this exaggerated version of how things are.

Joel and Sam’s lives consist of little more than going to the gym and dancing. At least, that’s all Joel seems to care about. He is with Sam, but is constantly thinking about more, being with more people, making more money, how much better he is than everyone else, etc. He is basically a big jerk with no redeemable qualities. I had absolutely no idea what Sam saw in him.

Sam is a sweet guy who, while he enjoys his job as a dancer, is looking for a bigger break. He spends his days looking for acting jobs or modeling gigs while still fitting in the gym and the dancing job. He pretty much only has eyes for Joel, though, again, I can’t fathom why. When Joel starts getting messages from a stalker, Sam is the only one who seems concerned.

Things escalate as the stalker steps up his game, but there is a pretty big twist that, even though it should have been obvious, I didn’t really see coming. This may have been the first time I was ever really happy about the outcome of such a twist.

Needless to say, this story was a really fast read, and storyline aside, the writing was well done. It was easy to read, made me chuckle at the almost ridiculous actions of Joel, and though this isn’t really a romance, I did feel like there was a HEA when all was said and done.

This is my first story by Mr. Morgan, and I’m looking forward to checking out his other work.

Overall Impression: I liked it

*I received a copy of this book from the publisher in return for a fair and honest review.*

https://thebloggergirls.com/2015/03/04/book-review-dick-dancers-by-alex-morgan/

No comments: