Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Remembering Cloris Leachman (1926-2021)


So sad tonight.  One of my favorite actresses/comediennes Cloris Leachman has passed away in her sleep from natural causes.  She has made me laugh for most of my life and I am heartbroken.  

She has almost 300 acting credits.  She appeared in the Twilight Zone episode It's a Good Life and reprised her role with Bill Mumy in the reboot in 2003.  She appeared in The Last Picture Show, which won her an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress.  One of my favorite roles, she was Frau Blucher in Young Frankenstein.  She played Queen Hippolyta in the pilot movie for Wonder Woman with Lynda Carter.  She played Phyllis Lindstrom in the Mary Tyler Moore Show and then in her own series.

She starred in High Anxiety and The North Avenue Irregulars.  Too many to count.  She's won a BAFTA (British Academy Award), a Daytime Emmy, a Golden Globe and eight Primetime Emmys.  

She will be sorely missed.


No comments: