Monday, August 22, 2016

Ray Bradbury, science fiction author, born 1920


Ray Bradbury, born August 22, 1920, is one of the most prolific and successful science fiction authors ever.  He started writing at the age of 18, publishing stories in fanzines.  Many of his works, such as The Martian Chronicles, Something Wicked This Way Comes and Fahrenheit 451, have been translated into movies and television

I remember watching The Martian Chronicles in high school, during a three-day stretch when I wasn't scheduled to work at the gas station.  It was my first exposure to Ray Bradbury and afterwards, I had to read the book.  Bradbury has been quoted as saying this production was "just boring" however, I enjoyed every minute of it.

Bradbury passed away June 5, 2012 in Los Angeles after a lengthy illness.

Here is a short clip from The Martian Chronicles with the incomparable Bernadette Peters.





https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Bradbury


No comments: