Sunday, August 21, 2016

"An American Werewolf in London" released 1981


An American Werewolf in London" was released August 21, 1981 and is the first movie to win an Academy Award (1982) for Best Makeup, the first year for the award.  This is probably the first werewolf movie I've ever seen, so it's still my favorite.  I remember seeing it as part of a double feature at a drive-in movie.  The first was My Bloody Valentine (not worth the time) and then An American Werewolf in London, which ended just as a huge thunderstorm broke.  We didn't miss anything.

There wasn't an official soundtrack released since Elmer Berstein's original music was only 7-8 minutes.  So my band Meco was called in to record music for the soundtrack, which became Impressions of An American Werewolf in London.

Although the movie was campy, it's still a Halloween staple for me.




No comments: