Monday, October 24, 2022

Remembering actor Leslie Jordan (1955-2022)


Actor and comedian Leslie Jordan, born April 29, 1955 in Memphis, Tennessee, passed away today after a medical emergency caused him to lose control of his vehicle and crash into a building.  He was declared dead on the scene.  

Leslie won the hearts of everyone who watched him.  He has over 135 action credits according to imdb.com.   The first role I remember him in fondly is his performance in Sordid Lives, and his depiction of Tammy Wynette.  I was pleasantly surprised and happy to see him in a season of American Horror Story.  During my research, I realized he was also in Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday.  These do not seem to be his strongest talents, but I'm glad to see he stepped outside of the box.  

I was again surprised and delighted to see he starred in an episode of Star Trek: Voyager: False Profits in 1996.  I remember watching the episode and not realizing he was playing one of the Ferengi!  Must watch again!  

He won a Primetime Emmy for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series for his performance in the Will & Grace episode Beverly Leslie.

Although he stood only 4'11", he stood tall on screen and had a habit of stealing scenes in any work he was acting in.  

He is already missed.

No comments: