Saturday, October 29, 2022

Happy birthday, Winona Ryder!


I remember first seeing Winona Ryder (born October 29, 1971 in Winona, Minnesota) in Heathers and reading all the rave reviews about her acting, especially after her performance in Mermaids, which I did not see.  

I guess I became a bigger fan when I saw her in Alien: Resurrection and then in the Star Trek reboot as Spock's mother, Amanda Grayson.  But what cemented it for me was her performance in Stranger Things.  I think she did an amazing job and is underappreciated for her work.  

She has been nominated for two Academy Awards and has been nominated for Golden Globes for her performance in Stranger Things.  For Alien: Resurrection she got a nomination for a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress and a nomination as Worst Supporting Actress from the Stinker Bad Movies Award.

No comments: