Friday, October 21, 2022

Carrie Fisher, everyone's favorite princess, born 1956


I remember hearing the news that Carrie Fisher had passed away. So many of us Star Wars fans mourned the loss of our Princess Leia, whom we had loved since she appeared in Star Wars: A New Hope in 1977.  Born October 21, 1956 to Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher, she played Leia in five Star Wars movies.  She passed after her work on The Last Jedi had been completed.

Carrie appeared in Soapdish, When Harry Met Sally, Sibling Rivalry (movies I enjoyed watching), and Agatha Christie's Appointment With Death, which is one of my least favorite mysteries and movies.

She was nominated for three Primetime Emmy Awards (no Oscars?).  I knew she wrote novels that were turned into movies, but I just learned she also did a lot of screenwriting and editing.  Wow!

She passed away December 27, 2016. 

No comments: