Thursday, June 30, 2016

The Alan Parsons Project releases "I Robot" 1977


June must have been a busy time for the Alan Parsons Project, since at least 3 of their albums were released in that month.  I've been celebrating their releases in reverse chronological order though.  I Robot, their second album, was released in June 1977.  They released Pyramid the following June and Eye in the Sky June 1982.  I Robot was supposed to be based on Isaac Asimov's "I, Robot" but since the movie rights had already been sold they changed the name and dropped the comma.  The album is more about robots than Asimov's trilogy.

I Robot reached #9 on the Billboard 200 and three singles were released:  "I Wouldn't Want to Be Like You", "Don't Let it Show", and "Day After Day (The Show Must Go On)."






https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Robot_(album)


No comments: