Monday, February 4, 2008

I Really Miss Janet Jackson!

There is an old joke about laws and sausages; both were ok if you didn't see how either one was made. The first three weeks of this year, I got a brief but behind-the-scenes glimpse of the NFL hiring practices and found it to be just as nauseating.

At least Corporate America is consistent: The bottom line. If you don't contribute to the earnings of the company, you're out and somebody who will is in.

But the NFL isn't like that: You contribute to your defense being top in the league, who cares? You're fired because we want someone else. You're good at your job, and one of the best defensive coaches but tough shit! We want someone else. Oh, we can't get anyone else? I guess you'll do.

This petty, childish bullshit was the reason that I didn't watch that football gigantic bowl thingy yesterday. The Knee-pads vs. Ellie Mae? Yawn. I think I heard somebody say that Ellie Mae won.

Let's make it exciting again and something worth watching. Everyone still talks about Janet Jackson's halftime performance from a few years ago. She should have performed again yesterday (nothing against Tom Petty cuz he's pretty cool, but I really don't want to see his breast).

2 comments:

West said...

Petty breasts? Yeah, I'll pass as well.

Seriously, though, the 'Bowl is of little interest to me. Not even the commercials entertain me much these days.

Tis the end of days, I tell ya.

Alan Scott said...

I agree that although this past 'Bowl-thingy was the most watched in history, it was among the most uninteresting. However, the lizards doing the MJ steps to Thriller was a little on the entertaining side.

I hope it's not the end of days, West. Just a slump we're going through! :)