Thursday, February 14, 2008

Beagles are Numero "UNO"!

Congratulations to Uno, the first beagle to win Best of Show at the Westminster Dog Show. He's also the first hound to win since 1983! Uno showed the crowd that he had the attitude, the charisma and the precociousness to beat out the toy poodle with 108 previous 'best in shows'.




The announcement came less that 24 hours after my mother called to tell me that my parents had to put down their beagle, Molly, who developed a 'bleeding mass' in her spleen and liver, which causes the dog to bleed internally. It's the same affliction that took my sweet Sophie, a chow/shepherd mix with a labrador disposition, this past August 22 (the day hell came to earth).

Hail to the Beagles and to Uno, the best and noisiest in show!
You may not be Westminster's Best of Show but you were our Numero Uno! I'll miss you very much, as I miss Sophie. Play well with her because I know she's glad to see you.

No comments: