Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Raquel Welch wins Golden Globe for Best Actress 1975


I've always liked Raquel Welch. Though I'm not familiar with much of her work, my favorite movies of hers are The Three Musketeers and The Four Musketeers, which unfortunately her character does not survive.

But the movies let her showcase her talent and it worked.  Ms. Welch won the Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical for her work as Constance Bonacieux in The Three Musketeers.  She had some stiff competition for the award.  Lucille Ball, Helen Hayes, and Cloris Leachman (Young Frankenstein).

The Three Musketeers was nominated for Best Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical. I'm a little shocked that these were the only two nominations this movie received.  Faye Dunaway was nominated for her work in Chinatown, but got snubbed for her work on The Three Musketeers.

I could not find an image or a clip of her accepting her win, so I settled for a still from the movie and the catfight between her and Faye Dunaway.


No comments: