Wednesday, May 16, 2018

"Godzilla" released 2014


When I first saw the trailers for Godzilla, I got excited.  From the clips, it looked like it would be an epic film and I was not disappointed.  It captured the essence of the old Godzilla movies, where the G-Man battles giant monsters and knocks down big buildings.  It was fantastic!

This is one of the few recent movies that I actually saw in theatres, and with those 3-D glasses, and I cheered when Godzilla finally used his radioactive breath.  It's one of those things that makes this movie so much better than the Matthew Broderick version.

It received mostly favorable reviews and was considered a box office success, so much so that two sequels were ordered just days after its release.

Many people complained that Godzilla didn't show up until about an hour into the movie, but this is typical of Godzilla films.  The threat to Earth (or Tokyo) is set up and then Godzilla comes in to save the day.



No comments: