Pruitt has raised millions from the oil and energy sectors, organizations opposing EPA regulations.
The outgoing administrator of the EPA Gina McCarthy had more experience in environmental science and issues prior to her appointment by President Barack Obama. Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt, nominated by Trump to head the EPA, has no environmental background other than suing the EPA.
McCarthy said in an interview with the Independent: "Science is everything. Almost every action we take is bounded by what the science tells us. It’s based on a factual record of where the world is today and what is our obligation under our mission. Science needs to be protected. Any effort to undermine that science in a way that would give undue influence to folks that aren’t scientists is a really big problem."
Yet Pruitt still denies climate change is real, despite the overwhelming evidence that our planet is warming up.
If you need any convincing, just go to the NASA website:
I mean, it's not like they have rocket scientists there.
Trump has been quoted: “For too long, the Environmental Protection Agency has spent taxpayer dollars on an out-of-control anti-energy agenda that has destroyed millions of jobs, while also undermining our incredible farmers and many other businesses and industries at every turn.”
Understood, but what has made it out of control? Is it anti-energy or is it anti-big business? Give us specifics, Pruitt. Talking in generalities suggests you have no idea what you are talking about.
Bachelor degree Social Anthropology - Umass (1976)
MS Environmental Health Engineering and Planning and Policy - Tufts University (1981)
Political Science/Communications - Georgetown College, KY (1990)
Juris Doctor - University of Tulsa (1993)
Pruitt does not have the necessary education needed to understand environmental science, required to head an agency whose policies are based on ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE!
1. Administrator of EPA 2013-present
2. Assistant Administrator of EPA 2009-2013
3. Commissioner of the Connecticut Dept. of Environmental Protection 2004-2009
4. Undersecretary for policy for Massachusetts Executive Office of Environmental Affairs 1999-2003
I suppose since Trump has had no experience in public office, he feels no one else needs experience either.
1. Finalized rule under Clean Water Act
2. Finalized Clean Power Plan under the Clean Air Act seeking to reduce coal use
3. Developed environmental issues at state and local levels developing policies on economic growth, energy and the environment.
One of the questions that is always asked of me in a job interview is: "What can you do for our organization?"
Again, this does not apply in a Trump regime.
1. Sued EPA to block its Clean Power Plan and Waters of the United States rule – Failed
2. Sued EPA on behalf of Oklahoma utilities unwilling to take burdens for their own coal-fired plants – Failed
3. Wrote in National Review “global warming has inspired one of the major policy debates of our time. That debate is far from settled. Scientists continue to disagree about the degree and extent of global warming and its connection to the actions of mankind.” No proof or citations provided.
4. Disbanded Oklahoma’s environmental protection unit charged with probing illegal pollution cases.
Now we're seeing some activity and it's not good.