Monday, September 21, 2015

P. C. Doherty, history mystery author


Paul Doherty (P. C. Doherty) is another favorite author of mine who celebrates a birthday today.  But to say he’s prolific would be an understatement.  He’s written over 100 novels and non-fiction works.  I’ve especially enjoyed his historical novels featuring Hugh Corbett, set during Edward I’s reign in the 13th century. 




Doherty has published novels set in the Middle Ages to ancient Egypt and Greece under pseudonyms such as Ana Apostolou, Michael Clynes and Paul Harding.  I read the The White Rose Murders which he wrote as Clynes, set during Henry VIII’s reign but did not like it enough to continue that series.  His series involving Alexander the Great written as Ana Apostolou were more enjoyable and I kept looking for more of these books, until I learned there would be no more.


I also enjoy his ancient Egypt novels featuring Amerotke, chief judge of the temple during the reign of Queen Hatusu in the 15th century BC.
Like all the other historical mystery authors, you always learn more about history with each page of his books.

No comments: