Sunday, September 20, 2015

Happy birthday, Isis!

I know, I know.  The plots were hokey, the writing sub-standard and the acting so-so, but remember ‘Isis’ was meant for children.  I watched every episode in grade school!  I thought Joanna Cameron, born today in 1949, was beautiful (how come we didn’t have teachers that looked like that?).  Imagine having powers of a goddess that you could do anything!  How cool is that?  If only she didn’t have to recite an incantation every time.



‘Isis’ aired before ‘The Bionic Woman’ and ‘Wonder Woman’ to be the first live action TV show with a super-powered heroine!
Every story had a moral to it with a lesson to be learned, re-iterated by Isis at the end of each episode.  I always wondered though, how everybody knew who she was at her first appearance. 

During the second season, the producers beefed up her powers but it wasn’t enough.  I still watch ‘Isis’ on Hulu every now and then.

No comments: