Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Big Time in the Big Easy!

Fuzzy and I enjoyed a weekend in New Orleans! I was in town to attend PittCon 2008 so he came down with me on Saturday.


We started early by grabbing some beers to go! I love New Orleans! One night, I went to Ryan's Pub and ordered a beer. When the bartender handed me my drink, he said they didn't serve food, so I got my beer in a plastic cup and walked away!)




I just adore a penthouse view! (OK, maybe the 25th floor view from the J. W. Marriott, but it doesn't sound as good).




Jackson Square and the Market are beautiful! No sign of Katrina here.





We enjoyed the local music,




local pot holes (oh, here's Katrina. The most compelling evidence of the hurricane that we saw were the dead trees that died when salt water was mixed with the flood waters),



and locals. (Bar dancer at Bourbon Pub on the left, participant in a bridal dress competition at Oz on the right).



2 comments:

Scooter said...

WHat a great city! I have only visited N'Oleans once...but I was enchanted. Glad you had a great trip.

Alan Scott said...

Hey, Scooter! I've been to New Orleans many times since 1980. Every time I go, I have new experiences and great times. You should definitely try to go back.