Friday, February 2, 2024

"The Carol Burnett Show" wins two Golden Globe Awards 1970


Since I had just turned 7 the September before, I'm not familiar with many of the movies and television shows in 1969, that were nominated and awarded a Golden Globe at the 27th annual ceremony, held February 2, 1969.

I am very familiar with The Carol Burnett Show, which we watched loyally every Saturday night.  The show won two Golden Globes that evening. The first was for Best Television Series: Musical or Comedy, beating Rowan & Martin's Laugh-in.

Carol Burnett tied for the Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy with Julie Sommars of The Governor & J.J., which I've never heard of either of them. They beat some stiff competition: Lucille Ball, Diahann Carroll, Barbara Eden, and Debbie Reynolds. 

Goldie Hawn won Best Supporting Performance in a Motion Picture for her performance in Cactus Flower. John Wayne won Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture-Drama for True Grit. I haven't seen either one of these movies, but I do like Goldie Hawn. 

No comments: