Wednesday, August 9, 2023

"Pee-wee's Big Adventure" released 1985


We're still reeling from the death of Paul Reubens (aka Pee-wee Herman), but we can still celebrate his legacy!  His big screen debut Pee-wee's Big Adventure was released across the US August 9, 1985. I guess I was in the 'wrong crowd' because I found most of his antics to be juvenile and not very funny, but I admitted, even at the time, that the movie had its moments.

I liked the part where he proved to his girlfriend he was in San Antonio by singing the opening lines of Deep in the Heart of Texas.  I also liked the scene where he rescues all the animals from the pet store.  

It has become a cult classic and I will have to watch it again.  I forgot that Godzilla and King Ghidorah had cameos in it! Look for Milton Berle, Cassandra Peterson (Elvira, Mistress of the Dark), and Dee Snider from Twisted Sister. 


No comments: