Thursday, October 25, 2018

"Ghost Ship" released 2002


I'm not one for supernatural thrillers but this one I enjoyed.  Ghost Ship was released October 25, 2002 just in time for Halloween, but I didn't see until much later.  With a cast like Gabriel Byrne, Julianna Margulies and Karl Urban, I was sold.  Emily Browning, who played the ghost of the young girl, went on to appear with Kristen Chenoweth in American Gods.

The opening scene is rather gruesome and I learned that it had been changed from a even more gory beginning to tone it down.  Ick.  My first thought was that the ship contained a design flaw that would have been caught before the ship was completely built.

Beyond that, the movie is exciting and contains a lot of chills.  The supernatural connection isn't revealed until the end, and it has sort of a happily ever after finale.  Until Margulies' character is in the back of the ambulance...

That's the only spoiler you get.

No comments: