Saturday, January 9, 2016

The Shannara Chronicles on MTV2



Yesterday was Terry Brooks' birthday so I'm sure it was no coincidence that the first episode of "The Shannara Chronicles" aired last night on MTV2.  It's been so long since I've read the first seven books of the series, but I began to remember things from "The Elfstones of Shannara", which was the basis of last night's episode.  I know they are not following the books word for word, but the plot and series of events are the same.  I really enjoyed watching it.

I'm glad to see these books come to the screen, because it's every bit as deserving as "Game of Thrones".  I prefer the magic and fantasy elements in Shannara as opposed to GOT. 

Manu Bennett as Allanon.

I also like the series because they managed to find a breath-takingly gorgeous man to play Allanon.

No comments: