Thursday, October 9, 2008

Day One at Bouchercon 2008

Bouchercon opened today in Baltimore with 1500 mystery writers, fans and booksellers in attendance. This is my first conference and I found it a bit overwhelming at first. When I entered the Sheraton Hotel, the host for the event, I was taken aback by the cacophony of everyone seeming to talk at once and nobody listening. I soon realized that this is such a welcoming and friendly community, that the conference is more of a homecoming for many attendees rather than a business meeting.

I attended a panel discussing if sex really does sell books. The conclusion reached within the first ten seconds of the panel was a resounding "Yes!", but the panelists finished the time allotment and kept the discussion lively.

I had a great time in the panel discussing supernatural and paranormal elements into mysteries. I'm racking up a number of authors that I need to read now! LOL

It was a long day but a good day. I'm looking forward to going back tomorrow. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: